(#lync #uc) As Microsoft Lync Server 2010 is still in RC I saw this solution from fabbricadigitale. Please keep in mind Microsoft Lync Server 2010 is still in “development” and only available in (RC). Test this solution for now only in a lab environment. Still I liked this solution. See our blogpost here.
BoxedUC is the first all-in-one solution for Unified Communcations bringing a complete suite of services using the power of virtualized environments.
In a market in which the IT proposition is moving towards services ‘on the cloud’, boxedUC represent an innovative model which gives the opportunity to adopt the latest technologies for companies which could not move on the cloud because of bandwidth availability, legal constraints, internal policies, budgets. In this way boxedUC is an opportunity, for SMB and for big companies too, to adopt and join the benefits of unified communications.
Important news is the release of boxedUC with Microsoft Lync Server 2010 (RC) (formerly known as CS”14”) which completes the ‘wave 14’ suite of servers on-board:
- Exchange 2010 SP1
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 (RC)
- Sharepoint 2010 Foundation
- MultiUx Self-Governance tool
- Blackberry Enterprise Server 5
The improvements to the appliance using Microsoft Lync Server 2010 (RC) come both from the end-user point of view and from the architectural point of view:
- New user interface, improved the usability based on Silverlight
- Unique client for personal use and webconferencing
- Improved the telephony features of the system, resulting in an advanced PBX system
- Improved the software architecture, which results in highest performances and reliability
- Introduced new web interface for Web Conferencing
Many aspects linked with the architecture are a big new for the appliance solution; the most important two are:
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 (RC) supports virtualization through Hyper-V making boxedUC a 100% Microsoft compliant solution
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 (RC) introduces a Powershell management kit wich has been integrated very transparently with the ‘self-governance tool’ developed by fabbricadigitale (see MultiUx www.multiux.com ) which is a strategic component of boxedUC
Thanks to the ‘telephonic’ features of Microsoft Lync Server 2010 (RC), boxedUC has new important applications, starting from the native PBX and PSTN integration functions but in particular the ‘Branch Survivability’ which makes boxedUC an ideal solution for big organizations geographically distributed.
An other important new features comes from the self-governance toll, branded MultiUX, which is an integrated tool, accessible via web console, mobile interface or SDK, to manage transparently Active Directory objects, Exchange and Microsoft Lync (RC) recources: the Ethical Wall.
The Ethical Wall is a specific control for Microsoft Lync federations between the local organization with external ones; it allows to to manage the authorized ‘routes’ of communication among users, by controlling different protocols, preserving the privacy and confidentiality of the users and guaranteeing that real-time communications happen only between the units which have really to communicate. I’ve not seen this before.
At this moment boxedUC release 2 is build up with the official RC version of Microsoft Lync Server 2010; it will be updated immediately with the RTM version as soon as available.
For more info please check www.boxeduc.com or e-mail email@example.com !