Unified communication (UC) devices, such as Microsoft Office Communicator Phone Experience and Microsoft RoundTable, enable rich communication within an organization. Deploying these devices requires regular maintenance by the IT department, which includes providing available software updates to these unified communications devices. All UC devices rely on an automatic mechanism to obtain software update required on a regular basis.
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Software Update Service provides an automated way to update all unified communications devices deployed in an organization.
This download is comprised of two files:
- OCSSoftwareUpdateService.msi – used to configure the Software Update Service component on your Office Communications Server 2007 Web Component Servers or your Standard Edition server.
- OCSSoftwareUpdateServiceSP.msi – to configure the Update site on the SharePoint Service.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 to host the Update site which acts as a configuration store for the available updates.
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Enterprise pool or Standard Edition Server on which the Software Update Service itself runs. In an Enterprise pool, for a pool in the consolidated configuration the Software Update Service must be installed on all Enterprise Edition Servers. For a pool in the expanded configuration, the Software Update Service must be installed on all Web Component Servers in the pool.