- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 now presents more accurate presence information and does so with consistent visual cues.
- The icons used to display presence are modified so that users who are red-green colorblind can determine people’s presence status.
- Office Communicator 2007 no longer causes presence icons to flicker when multiple people appear simultaneously.
- Presence information in Office Communicator 2007 and other Microsoft Office applications is consistent in all scenarios.
- Microsoft Office Outlook® 2007 no longer starts in the background along with Office Communicator 2007.
Following are the KB articles referenced in the SP1 xls file
- KB936871 When you sign-in to Communicator, Outlook is started in the background. For example, when you check Task Manager, the Outlook.exe process is running. Additionally, Outlook-related items, such as meeting reminders, may appear.
- KB936871 To check for a missed conversation, you click the "Voice Mail" search folder in Outlook 2007. Or, you click the "Missed Conversation" notification in Microsoft Office Communicator. If you then check for a missed conversation in the same session of Communicator, you receive a notification that states that Outlook could not be started.
- KB937212 When a message is saved as a missed conversation in the Microsoft Office Communicator folder in Outlook 2007, the message indicator for the folder does not indicate a new, unread message.