As described earlier RTM is released and customers needs to upgrade Public Beta to RTM. Of course this is only for customers who deployed PB in the production environment. Public Beta is only supported in test environments. In our case we know that the Schema wasn’t changed at all from Public Beta bits. So we deployed it right away :-)
You can use these steps if the following is true:
1. You migrate from Public Beta to RTM eval (180 days) bits.
2. You do not need to backup users contact lists.
3. You are not migrating from existing pools.
In this post I will describe the steps to take for upgrading to RTM.
1. Backup your Active Directory and System States of your OCS2007 servers.
2. Backup your RTC databases (same for Standard and Enterprise deployments).
3. Submit your transaction logging in the RTC database.
4. If your OCS servers are running on Virtual Server 2005 (R2/SP1) snapshot your VHD's.
5. ATTENTION: there is no possibility to extract your contact list or custom groups. This is only in our case because we do not migrate users between Enterprise Pools. Due to schema changes (PB >RTM) this database cannot be re-used. It must be dropped and a new one created.
Db schema version is 24
Db sproc version is 50
Db schema version to 26
Setting Db sproc version to 56
6. Remove your current Enterprise Pool by clicking Remove Pool. Check "Force removal of Enterprise Pool". After removal your current users will be moved to "Unassigned Users".
7. Stop and disable all Office Communications Server services. After disabling restart your OCS server(s).
8. Remove through Add and Remove Programs “Office Communications Server 2007 Public Beta”.
9. Extract the OCS2007RTM evaluation bits (180 time bombed version) to your local hdd drive.
10. Open lcscmd and proces the following commands:
1. D:\setup\i386>lcscmd /forest /action:SchemaPrep
2. D:\setup\i386>lcscmd /forest /action:ForestPrep
3. D:\setup\i386>lcscmd /domain /action:DomainPrep
11. Create a new Enterprise Pool and configure it. You can reassign your old EE-pool certificate.
12. Add your OCS2007 server roles back into the configured pool and reuse your previous created Service Accounts. Of course you can create new SA-accounts if you want.
13. Start all OCS2007RTM services.
14. Check your login procedure with MOC and check your DNS (SRV) settings. Make sure you run the validation wizard for all your Edge Roles.
There you go.