This download was originally released on October 15, 2007. For a complete list of fixes and changes in this latest version, please see KB article 946149.
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition enables you to make outbound audio calls and answer inbound phone calls from callers (PBX, PSTN, VoIP or soft-phone callers) and provides this functionality from inside or outside the company firewall. In short, you can do everything you can do today with your regular phone - and more.
With Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition, you have new voice communication capabilities not available with your traditional desktop phone. For example you can:
- Set call-handling options to forward calls to another number or contact, so you can get calls on your mobile phone, for example, when you’re not in the office
- Configure your presence and view the presence for your Contacts
- Touch-to-call a contact without needing to look up their phone number
- Easily initiate calls to contacts, transfer calls and conference callers together
- Play individual voicemails without needing to go through the full voicemail menu
- Search for and call people in your company’s global address list (GAL) without needing to look up their phone number
These are just a few of the features enabled by Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Software Update Service
- IP phone compatible with Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition for installation of the software update on the IP phone
Knowledge Base (KB) Articles: