Recently we had some problems with our own Conference Center configuration. As you can see below you will get an error message with the exact text:
"Content failed to download due to a problem with the Conference Center configuration. Contact your administrator"
The best way to resolve these issues is to check the following items:
- Check your eventlog on your OCS server
- Check your eventlog in Windows Vista (make sure you use the Snooper.exe tool to filter error messages)
- Run the Deployment Validation Tool
Checking these we saw that there was no error message at all. So we get al little bit confused. Still we had some moments thinking that we can resolve these issues. And we did! When you have the error above please make sure your check the following configurations.
1. Check if you are using the correct proxy in the IE browser. For ultimate testing just disable the proxy for one moment. Try to re-connect. Make sure the IE browser is restarted.
2. Another reason may be that the WMI (InternalClientContentDownloadURL) property isn't configured correctly.
Log on to an Office Communications Server 2007 Standard Edition Server or a server in an Enterprise Edition pool, or a server with Office Communications Server 2007 administrative tools installed, as a member of the RTCComponentUniversalServices group or an account with equivalent user rights.
- At the command prompt, type wbemtest.exe.
- In the Windows Management Instrumentation Tester dialog box, click Connect.
- In the Connect dialog box, in Namespace, type root\cimv2, and then click Connect.
- In the Windows Management Instrumentation Tester dialog box, click Query.
- In the Query dialog box, type the query, such as:
- Select * from MSFT_SIPDataMCUCapabilitySetting where Backend = “contoso-sql”
- In the Query dialog box, click Apply.
- In the Query Result dialog box, double-click MSFT_SIPDataMCUCapabilitySetting.
- In the Object editor dialog box, do the following: To change the location of meeting content, double-click the InternalClientContentDownloadURL property. In the Property Editor dialog box, change the value to your URL (for example: https://contoso-ocsav.contoso.com/etc/place/null), and then click Save Property
When hitting this URL you will get an HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer. With this configuration the Conference Center works again for us.
Virtual Directory (Null Virtual Directory). On each virtual directory etc/place/null we configured anonymous authentication (out of the box).