The Microsoft Office System Developer Conference 2008 is closed.
Our colleague Ton Stegeman (SharePoint 2007 MVP) was attending the conference in San Jose California February 10-13.
If you are interested in pure SharePoint 2007 coding, webparts and cool stuff visit his website at Ton Stegeman SharePoint 2007 weblog. We are very proud to have Ton in our team!
As requested Ton was attending some interesting OCS/UC sessions. Interesting sessions and topics in my opinion were:
- Unified Communications: Under the hood of Office Communications Server and Exchange Server.
- Anywhere Information Access with OCS Speech Server 2007.
- Business Process Communications with UCMA.
- Embedding Contextual Collaboration with the Communicator 2007 API.
- Building Contextual Collaboration Clients for Web and Enterprise Portals.
- Building Enterprise Mashups with Exchange Web Services.
- Programming Conferencing Solutions with the Live Meeting Service XML API.
Some highlights and displayed in short keywords.
Tuesday in the morning. Keynote 2 by Gurdeep Singh Pall, Corporate VP UC Group. The big entrance (very amazing) by Gurdeep. He had a very nice presentation on why you should use UC-products, business case was wine-dealer, 2 very nice demo's with custom made fill-in forms and automatic back-end connections to the corporate support desk.
Building UC applications are based on three pillars
- Contextual collaboration
- Enhanced presence for business process communications
- Integration/speech and communication between people and UC automated bots
Click to communicate (anywhere information access)
Business process communications with UCMA (SER312) lots of coding and very nice example's. the most important thing is that you realize how you integrate UC into your business processes.