Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition enables you to make outbound audio calls and answer inbound phone calls from callers (PBX, PSTN, VoIP or soft-phone callers) and provides this functionality from inside or outside the company firewall. In short, you can do everything you can do today with your regular phone - and more.
With Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition, you have new voice communication capabilities not available with your traditional desktop phone. For example you can:
- Set call-handling options to forward calls to another number or contact, so you can get calls on your mobile phone, for example, when you’re not in the office
- Configure your presence and view the presence for your Contacts
- Touch-to-call a contact without needing to look up their phone number
- Easily initiate calls to contacts, transfer calls and conference callers together
- Play individual voicemails without needing to go through the full voicemail menu
- Search for and call people in your company’s global address list (GAL) without needing to look up their phone number
These are just a few of the features enabled by Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition.