Even if your Office Communications Server 2007 deployment is modest, you probably have components in your network that are themselves the subject of books devoted to their security. Therefore, it is unlikely that this guide covers all aspects of security for all components and areas that are pertinent to your deployment.
Use this guide as a starting point to help secure and maintain a secure Office Communications Server 2007 deployment. This guide provides general guidelines and best practices for assessing and managing the most common security risks. Additional product and security resources are listed at the end of this guide. As new threats and solutions arise, outdated documents, solutions, and methods should be replaced with new ones.
The guide addresses the following:
- Common Security Threats
- Office Communications Server Security Framework
- Addressing Threats to Your Core Infrastructure
- Addressing Threats to Your Internet Boundary
- Addressing Threats to On-Premise Conferencing
- Addressing Threats to Enterprise Voice
- Addressing Threats to the Office Communicator 2007 Client